Home About Contact Outfits Image Map

Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Liebster Award!!!

The Style Selections: The Liebster Award!!!

So a few days ago I woke up to a lovely comment on my blog saying that I was nominated for a Liebster Award. I've been seeing these going around for a few months, and I've always been wondering, "Well how do you get nominated??" and the lovely Briana from Sequin Gowns and Mermaid Crowns nominated me for one (Big love and thank you so much for this :) !!) 


This award is given to newer bloggers (or those who have under 200 followers) in order for them to gain new followers and exposure, while also spreading the award to the blogging community!! 
The only rules that come along with the award are:
  1. You must mention the person who nominated you in your post
  2. Answer 11 (key numbers) questions written by your nominator
  3. Nominate 11 (look its that magic number) new bloggers who have less than 200 followers
  4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer 
Well now on to the questions that the lovely Briana left me!!! My nominees and questions are following them!! Had such a lovely time answering them!!  :)
1) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging....its got to be the freedom to do whatever I want (to an extent). This blog is mine, and for once in my life, I love having the ability to do something that I love without having people criticize me. I have the ability to just be me and word-vomit all over the place here and just say what I like to when writing my posts. Its that freedom that lets me be real with my writing and followers. 
2) If you were a Disney character, who would you be?
Ariel. Simple as that. Being African-American, I should say Jasmine or Tiana, but when I was little, I was the Little Mermaid. I even have pictures of mini me in my Little Mermaid costumes (these pictures are adorable, but I'm not bringing them out).  And she is like me but red hair, pale skin, cartooonized. Persistent, courageous, etc. 
3) Describe your style in one sentence.
Hmmm.....it's changes everyday and very girly-fun-sexy-printed-supercalifragilisticexpealidocious-kickass-classy-mature-affordable-trendy and me. Phew. 
4) What is your favorite drink? (alcoholic or non!)
Well it can't be alcoholic since I'm underage, but either these non-alcoholic orange and strawberry daiquiris I get at a resort my family and I vacation at, or Sprite. 
5) What is your guilty pleasure song?
Is there one??! I've got like this long list, but top 5. 
One Direction - Truly, Madly, Deeply
Spice Girls - Wannabe
Ke$ha - We R Who We R
Partition/Yonce - Beyonce
Conffessions - Usher
6) Are you into sports, or is shopping your cardio?
I play soccer for my school!! I would love to say this body was built from intense shopping, but no. It's soccer workouts. Boom.
7) Tell us about the coolest event you have been to, or one you would like to attend.
Haven't really been to anything outside of my parents' office parties, but I would love to attent London, Paris, or New York Fashion Week!! I'm a big runway show lover and I spend days analyzing each piece from the big fashion houses, and going and seeing them in person would be a DREAM. 
8) What is your biggest fashion pet peeve?
Either the saggy pants that guys wear below their bum (nor harem pants but like pants on the ground, pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground, saggy), or the jeggings, ugh JUST BUY SKINNY JEANS, don't make them leggings, and they don't even have pockets and they aren't denim, ugh they frustrate me. 
9) What is your go to beauty/skincare product?
Well I don't wear makeup, but when I do the Kate Moss x Rimmel London lippy is my go to!! Makes my lips pop, #10 I think!!  
10) If you could travel to anywhere for free, where would be your first pick?
Hard question!!! Uhm probably the French Riviera during the summer!!! I've heard the riviera is GORGEOUS all the time, and during the summer, it sounds breathtaking. I know French, so it would be easy for me to communicate!! 
11) Summer or Winter?
SUMMER. 
Now onto the fun stuff!! My nominees are (and if you have more than 200 followers, PLEASEE let me know ASAP):
1) Jennifer from Barely There Beauty
2) Chrissy from Lights Fashion Beauty
3) Carsla from Connect the Cloths
4) Abigail from Culture Misfit
5) Joanne from NYC Fit Food Fashion
6) Jessie from Blush and Blonde
7) Ana and Rose from Lazy Cat Style 
8) Raquel from Style Credential
9) Cherry from CherryDunia
10) Armi from the Wanderer's Rush
11) Shirley from True Honest Fashion
Phew, that was hard picking actually though. So now for your questions nominees!
1) If you could hang out with one person for a day, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you do?
2) What's the blogger achievement you're most proud of?
3) Biggest celeb crush?
4) Who is the runway designer who's show you look forward to most each season?
5) What is the must-have item you always have in your bag (besides a phone)?
6) What was/is the hardest thing about starting a blog?
7) What is the one fashion trend you want to come back?
8) Who's closet would you steal if you had the chance?
9) What are 3 things your best friend would describe you as?
10) What brand/store is your go-to when you have extra cash? 
11) Skydiving or Scuba Diving?

2 comments :

  1. Soccer?! Well, that's good and something I didn't expect. :)

    Regarding Ariel - I don't see anything wrong with that. Having a role model or liking a character has nothing to do with the skin colour - it's about the personality that you see and like/dislike in that character. The same way my mum's favourite teenage role model was Josephine Baker - in a communist (at the time) country full of conservative white citizens, my mum didn't see skin colour - she saw a beautiful woman free and brave enough to express herself.

    Lu. www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I play soccer at my school!! :)
    And yeah you're definitely right about me liking Ariel as a character. She's got lots of character traits that have helped me along the way. She's a great role model and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

    ReplyDelete