Home About Contact Outfits Image Map

Sunday, November 10, 2013

F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: Legwear

Alrighty! I hope you all enjoyed my first post, which was on ankle booties (you can find it here), and now its time for the things that keep our legs warm! I've made this into a DOUBLE post because my two favourite fall legwear this year(besides jeans), are leggings & tights! First up, leggings! 
The Style Selections: F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: Legwear
Leggings are a favourite of mine. I'm wearing them as I write this actually! Leggings are another thing that draw me in with their variety. The various prints and fabrics that can be used to make these is what keeps me coming back. Leggings can be paired with just about anything, an oversized tee, a chunky knit sweater, and what makes them such a F/W essential is the warmth they can provide. I always feel the material that the leggings are made with before I buy them, and for the most part, I’ll buy a pair that feels soft and has a certain thickness to them. The more elaborate the legging, the thickness may go away, but leggings that are sold during the fall and winter times are very warm. I know most people say that you shouldn’t wear leggings with a top that doesn’t cover your bum, but as long as the underwear don’t show, I will wear them with just about anything, as long as its tasteful. Leggings can be tasteful, but some aren’t, above you can see some of my favourites, all at good prices (click on them to get to the polvyore set). Below this, you can find how I would wear leggings on a normal day in the winter. 
The Style Selections: F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: LegwearThe Style Selections: F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: Legwear
Now onto tights! I’ve recently gotten into wearing tights, and my main choice for tights is a simple black 100 denier tight, since it will go with most dressy outfits I wear. 
The Style Selections: F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: Legwear



Above you can see some of my favourite pairs at different prices, and again click on them if you’re interested. Tights can let me wear a pair of embellished shorts or a playsuit/romper during the winter instead of just confining those items to spring/summer times. Tights can be simple or they can be patterned, meshed, laced, and lots of other things. Tights can be just…well cool. Tights are not going to be as warm as a pair of leggings since the material they are made of, but they do provide a nice way to keep a little bit more warm then just baring bare skin to the wind. In case someone is like me and their skin gets really dry, tights don’t let people see that just in case they do get dry and rough. Tights are a F/W essential for me since they can be used in for school, work, or going out, and they can make any outfit look sophisticated and classy, as long as they are used correctly. Now tights are not something that can be used just with a top, it doesn’t look good to me since the fabric is sheer compared to leggings. Below, you can see and click on how I pair tights with various outfits, shorts to skirts. 


The Style Selections: F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: Legwear
The Style Selections: F/W Things To Love ~ The Series: Legwear
I hope you enjoyed part 2, and in case you missed the first one, click here to check it out again.

No comments :

Post a Comment